READ IT OR NOT...JULY 2015

GO SET A WATCHMAN by Harper Lee (Fiction)
Originally written in the mid-1950s, GO SET A WATCHMAN was the novel Harper Lee first submitted to her publishers before TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. Assumed to have been lost, the manuscript was discovered in late 2014. GO SET A WATCHMAN features many of the characters from TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD some 20 years later. Returning home to Maycomb to visit her father, Jean Louise Finch --- Scout --- struggles with issues both personal and political, involving Atticus, society, and the small Alabama town that shaped her.


So much controversy over this novel...Reviews have been mixed, readers are confused and  disillusioned!! What to do???
According to Bookreporter.com, it's definitely worth reading. Let me know...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joyce,

    As a huge fan of To Kill A Mockingbird, I was worried about reading this one. Still, I let my curiosity overtake me. I think it is definitely worth a read. Feel free to check out my review for my full thoughts on the novel.

    -Ethan
    http://e135-abookaweek.blogspot.com/2015/07/go-set-watchman-by-harper-lee.html

    ReplyDelete