THE MURALIST (NOVEMBER 2015)

If you were a fan of THE ART FORGER  by B. A. Shapiro, her latest book, THE MURALIST is an exciting historical novel overflowing with history, love, politics and of course, art. Oh, and by the way, she dropped me a note telling me all the details.....

Dear Joyce,

When I research a new novel, I become engrossed in the art and the politics of the times. Join me now in New York City on the cusp of the abstract expressionism movement and World War II.

Muralist

The Muralist

My new novel traces the life and disappearance of a brilliant young artist, the fictitious Alizée Benoit, on the eve of World War II. She paints murals for the U.S. government’s WPA, alongside Jackson Pollock and Lee Krasner–and her lover Mark Rothko.

When her paintings catch Eleanor Roosevelt’s eye, Alizée enlists the First Lady in her desperate attempt to get her Jewish family out of occupied France. Then Alizée vanishes. Seventy years later, her great-niece discovers hidden scraps of paintings and begins to unravel the mystery.

I loved entwining real and imaginary characters while moving between the past and present–just as I did in The Art Forger. I hope you enjoy reading The Muralist as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Artfully yours, 
B.A. Shapiro

No comments:

Post a Comment