WHAT AM I READING AND WHY? (NOVEMBER 2015)



Good question.....because I can't seem to sink my teeth into anything... Yes, THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER'S WEB is my latest and although it's barely holding my interest, I'm still in search of the new and unpredictable...something that's "unputdownable" and will hold my interest for more than fifteen minutes.

I was disappointed in MY BRILLANT FRIEND by Elena Ferrante:Neapolitan Novels, Book One.  I can't understand the hype. It was a slow moving, uneventful, angst filled adolescent yawn!

My fave was FATES AND FURIES by Lauren Groff, a solid, honest, beautifully written, dazzling tale....The National Book Award peeps agree and selected it as a  2015 finalist.


Here's some comments from Bookreporter.com.

THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER'S WEB: A Lisbeth Salander Novel by David Lagercrantz (Thriller)
Late one night, Mikael Blomkvist receives a phone call from a source claiming to have information vital to the United States. The source has been in contact with a young female superhacker --- a hacker resembling someone Blomkvist knows all too well. The implications are staggering. Blomkvist, in desperate need of a scoop for Millennium, turns to Lisbeth Salander for help. The secret they are both chasing is at the center of a tangled web of spies, cybercriminals and governments around the world, and someone is prepared to kill to protect it.
Same old...same old...........

Let me know if you have any book suggestions or if you agree or disagree with my opinions...leave a comment or shoot me an email.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce.

    I used to go into slumps. It would seem that nothing could hold my attention.

    These days I find that reading time is so scarce that I am really carful about what I read. I tend to only start books that I think that I will be very interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finding that the books with the most hype are the ones that disappoint! Not always, but lately that's been the case.. Oh well, I'm going to keep on keepin' on as they say....I've got a TBR list a mile long so I'm not giving up! Thanks for your input....

    ReplyDelete